J T

Mon, Feb 7, 2005, 5:55pm (EST+5) (SteveW)
claims:
I need to find a type of tree to plant that will give me good quality
firewood in a short amount of time. Someone mentioned Poplar to me. Does
anyone have any recommendations?

What's your definition of "good quality", and, "short amount of
time"? Depending how you define "short time", you could grow a redwood,
then probably only one would be needed. Or, maybe not.

I've read that where mesquite grows, one acre will provide all the
firewood you need.

But, if you really want to know. Check nurseries. There's lots of
fast growing trees. There's even one type with "berries" that can be
gathered for fuel. And/or check with a local college forestry program.
That's what I'd do. Then i'd ask my mother. Then I'd ask here.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold