J T

Default PING: John Moorhead

On Fri, Feb 4, 2005, 6:32pm (EST+5)
(John=A0Moorhead) you posted the following:
Folks -
Well, the lamp prototype is coming together - boy, this thing has a
million parts and a zillion edges.... it's a beauty, tho'.... I would
like to post a picture of it over in ABPW, but don't know if it's
ethical to do so.... can someone here help me out and tell me??? The
design of the lamp is copywritten by the owner, and I am working from
his copywritten drawings and photos. I would never produce the lamp in
violation of the rightsholder, but would like to post a pic, and am not
sure if even that would be okay...
Anway, the prototype is made of Doug Fir and Claro Walnut, with a
guilded roof. If all goes well, I hope to produce them in lots of 10 to
50 at a time. I already have dreams of jigs, dancing jigs, in my head!

And, I've been wondering ever since. OK, the lame is a copywrite
design. And, you want to make a heap of them.

BUT, are you doing this with the consent of the copywrite owner?
Or what? You seem awful worried about posting a picture, yet don't seem
worried about making multiples. If it was me, and on the up & up, I'd
just ask for permission to post a picture, if I wasn't sure about it.
Inquiring mins want to know. What's the story?

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold