IMM

Default Just seen another horror story

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:47:24 +0100, "L Reid"
wrote:

Another possibiltiy is to speak to a surveyors (or someone suitably
qualified), and ask how much it'd cost to get them to go round and check

on
the building at various stages of the build. I considered doing this for

my
property, however I had good feedback from others about our builders and

so
didn't bother.

Actually that is a very good suggestion - the surveyor doesn't need to
do a lot - he can drop by the building site once a week on the way to
or from the office, and as he's not going to be writing reports for
each visit it's cash in the bank for him, and peace of mind for you.

A site manger will only allow an independent surveyor on site by appointment
and accompanied by him or his assistant. They will sign nothing. Any
problems should be sent to the BCO and copied to the site manager and the
conveyancing solicitor. dealing directly with the site manager to get thing
right before the next stage of build is usually futile. The BCO has power.

---