Dave in Fairfax

Keith Young wrote:
As with most if not all commercial DVD and videos, there can be a certain
degree of mis-representation. I say there Maybe : key word :. generally
these dvd and videos seem to make the presentations look very easy. Not so.
Remember, these are done by in the most part by very experienced
woodturners. Also products that are being demonstrated maybe re-presented a
little un fairly. Generally speaking a demonstration is just that, a
demonstration. optimized with materials that work best with the product.

In general, I'd agree with that. Bill Gumbine has put out a video
on turning that starts with a log on the ground and shows how to
make a bowl out of it. He doesn't have an ax to grind and he
isn't interested in showing how hot a turner he is, so it is
straight information, no sales pitch. You can check out his
website at: http://www.wonderfulwood.com/ and follow the video
link on the left side to his stuff. Standard disclaimer, just
satisfied, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader