Keith Young

As with most if not all commercial DVD and videos, there can be a certain
degree of mis-representation. I say there Maybe : key word :. generally
these dvd and videos seem to make the presentations look very easy. Not so.
Remember, these are done by in the most part by very experienced
woodturners. Also products that are being demonstrated maybe re-presented a
little un fairly. Generally speaking a demonstration is just that, a
demonstration. optimized with materials that work best with the product.

My 2 cents worth
Happy turning

Keith
Newfoundland
Canada

"Keith Young" kyoung@no spam nl.rogers.com wrote in message
If you can my suggestion would be to take a course sponsored by a local
club. Its nice to get a hands on experience. Even learning the basics of
how to use 1 tool will help to get you started. That's what I did.Reading
and studying books will give you ideas but its putting those ideas into
practise. And books will not necessarily show you how not to acquire bad
habits. Personal contact is desirable, but don,t expect some of these
people to give you all the tips and secrets.Stick with your hobby and
eventually you will get better.
There is a percentage of people that can learn and adapt themselves to the
book learning process.But practise is the key to this hobby.

My 2 cents worth, and happy turning.

Sincerely
Keith
Newfoundland