Brian Lawson

Hey JW,

You are also turning the handle at the top of the quill pulley, to
lift the two gear sets apart, are you? It's gouing back the other way
that causes some problems, but not a lock-up!!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On 7 Feb 2005 10:53:17 -0800, wrote:

I have a 1J step pulley BP mill that I have finally powered up and
tried out. I have tried all of the direct drive gears and it works
well. Wehn I shift in the backgears, it locks everything up tight.
You can definitely feel it shift the gear train, but something must not
be releasing as it locks the spindle. My assumption from looking at
the parts diagram is that the cone drive is not being disengaged
resulting in a locked state. Does this sound logical? Or does someone
have an alternative theory?

Thanks

JW