Getty

"twfsa" wrote
The floor has an 8 in drop from the front of the garage to the door, The
garage is 30 ft deep so no water will flow out the garage door, as there

is
plenty of room ahead of the drain to wash the car.

No optical illusion the floor does slant away from the wall.

I plan on useing an extra old shop vac to remove the water, then dump it

in
the street.

Tom

Ok, call me feeble minded, but now I'm really confused. It looks like you
will have a grate approx. 3' in front of the door. Are you saying the water
will run into the sump, but it wouldn't run to the door and out if the door
was lifted 1/2"? I'm just trying to understand why you would go through all
the trouble of putting in a sump if all you had to do was crack the door
open.

Doesn't sound like fun using a shop vac, if you absolutely must have a sump,
I would put in an electric pump with proper piping.