Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Jeff wrote:
OK, the reference to exchanger pump had me puzzled - the Albion thermal
stores have no pump. Is there an advantage in the Pandora system of pumping
the water across the plate exchanger when flow is detected? Don't most
thermal stores do the heat exchanging within the main body of water? The
Pandora system seems to be adding complexity, I guess there must be a reason
for it.

Theres an Albion with an Internet coil rather than an external exchanger

Of-course, I mean internal coil ...

and pump, which I have looked at in my quest for information about
thermal stores, etc. From the Albion web page it would seem that the
exit temp from thte coil would be 50C, but from other sources, the exit
from a plate heat exchanger would be closer to 70C, but I guess it
depends on other factors - probably mostly flow rate.

The Internal coil has the advantage of not disturbing the water in the
tank as much as the external plate heat exchanger & pump, but at the
end of the day, who knows whats best?

The Albion would certinaly simplify plumbing and save on one pump, thats
for sure, but at the expense of how much efficiency, I wonder?

Gordon