TaskMule

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:15PNd.21730$QS5.17030@trndny06...

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
I've never had the opportunity to try to use one w/ the laser, but I've
always been curious about whether they were actually very accurate for
precision fits, as well. I can see it being a time-saver for
framing-type cuts, but no substitute for either a stop block or the
actual line for precision it would seem to me. The fuzziness of the
edge alone (at least in all the pictures I've seen) would seem to be
self-defeating for precision.

If I was doing a lot of framing, I'd want the laser for the speed. For

fine
work, taking the few seconds to bring the blade down to the mark is a

cheap
price to pay for accuracy. The one that require the blade to be running

for
the laser to be on sound silly to me. I'll be damned if I'm going to make

precise alignment with a 12" blade spinning above my hand. My be OK for
chopping a tubafor though.

I agree for framing and siding I would find it usefull. For my shop cabinet
work my 1/72nd pencil lines are obliterated by the 1/16th laser