Larry Jaques

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 02:21:17 GMT, the inscrutable "Peter Grey"
spake:

"Bob Paulin" wrote in message
I go through a half-dozen pair per year working on race cars at the
track....

I work on race and street cars a fair amount and have always used latex or
nitrile gloves. Other than an ability to handle hot objects, I'm not sure I
see the advantage of using the heavier Mechanix style gloves so haven't even
put any on. It always seemed to me that one would lose any feel that one
has. Why do you wear them rather than the thinner stuff?

I agree wholeheartedly. I recently tried the Mechanix gloves at Wally
World and the GoJo gloves at HF. I dare anyone to pick up one of
Snap-On's shiny chrome wrenches with a pair of those on.

Nitriles are 10x tougher than latex, handle chemicals well, and fifty
pair cost the same or less than one pair of the cloth/leather gloves.

I'll wear the thicker gloves when I have to wrestle used cars and
rusty sheet or plate metals, but not for normal auto work.

Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels.
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design