Joseph Meehan

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

What's a better location for an AC wall plug in type of
CO alarm: a wall socket a few inches off the floor, or a
wall socket mid way up the wall ?

Why ?

B.

The instructions on mine said to put it near the ceiling. That's were
it is. CO is a little lighter than air and it usually comes in warmer than
the rest of the air so it is going to be in higher concentration higher up.
However, it is not much lighter.

I will repeat a real life situation I was involved in about 40 years
ago. I was in the scouts and we were staying in a cabin, about 25 of us. We
were all sleeping on the floor. A fireplace was at one end of the one large
room cabin and a furnace at the other. Some of the men stayed up playing
cards at a table. When one decided he was tired and ready for bed, he stood
up and passed out.

The second man stood up to help him and had to quickly lie down because
he became very dizzy. The other two were more careful and someone figured
out what was happening and got on his hands and knees to open the door.
They then called for help and get the doors open and all the scouts crawled
outside and waited for the fire department. It was cold.

The end result was every man at the table was sick, no one serious, and
not one scout who was sleeping on the floor even had a head ache. The med
works checked us all out and explained that we were all OK because we have
been lower. It might have been very bad if everyone had gone to sleep on
the floor. Proof that card games are good.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math