Doug Winterburn

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:15:08 -0600, Todd Fatheree wrote:

It didn't happen. Families took care of their elderly. But everyone's
too busy to do it now and shove their responsibility onto the government.

Some families still do take care of their elderly. My 93 year old mother
lives in her own house with the assistance of my niece who lives with
herand works during the day. My 84 year old MIL lives with my wife and
myself and she is a joy to be around. If my mother were not able to live
in her own home, the assisted living routine would drain her funds in less
than a year, not to mention the fact that she would probably roll up her
tent and bag it if she couldn't stay in her own home and if she became
dependent on the government (her words).

- Doug