tiredofspam

I don't believe their answer. To me that is a salesman's answer. They
don't have it so they belittle anyone that does. I added a laser to my
older ls011 I think is the number. Anyway the laser is accurate at the
top of the stroke... it changes as the saw is brought down...(I hear all
of the type that mount to the blade do this... boy did it **** me off at
first thinking my saw was crap) BUTTT that is fine... I have learned to
deal with it... and for most work it is way more accurate than without
it. The only place I am uncomfortable with it's accuracy is with
compound miters...

Keith wrote:

Just talked to a Makita person re whether or not they intend to put out
their sliding compound miter saws with a laser line guide and the answer was
no.

The rep said they did extensive testing and weren't satisfied that the line
stays accurate. I thought this was a good thing because it shows they care
more about selling a quality product than adding the laser as a buyer
incentive.

What does this say for the other laser guides that are out there, including
the add-on one now available?

I have a 12" Makita laid away and that's why I asked if they would be adding
the laser feature. May as well go ahead and get it anyway. I like their
honest answer!!

Keeter P.