Keith

Default No laser for Makita miters

Just talked to a Makita person re whether or not they intend to put out
their sliding compound miter saws with a laser line guide and the answer was
no.

The rep said they did extensive testing and weren't satisfied that the line
stays accurate. I thought this was a good thing because it shows they care
more about selling a quality product than adding the laser as a buyer
incentive.

What does this say for the other laser guides that are out there, including
the add-on one now available?

I have a 12" Makita laid away and that's why I asked if they would be adding
the laser feature. May as well go ahead and get it anyway. I like their
honest answer!!

Keeter P.