Doug Miller

In article , "Scottie" wrote:
Does anyone know where I could buy discounted paint in Glasgow? I have a
wooden fence almost 200 feet long that needs painted both sides. I can't
afford to buy a top quality paint

You probably won't find this response to be helpful, but... if you're on
a tight budget, you really can't afford *not* to buy top quality paint. Only
people who have money to throw away can afford to buy crappy paint. Top
quality paint rarely costs even twice as much as crappy paint, but (a) lasts
three to five times as long, and (b) requires half as many coats to do the
job. Which costs less: two coats of $12 paint, or one coat of $20 paint?

Ask at local hardware stores and paint stores about buying paint that was
mixed incorrectly (wrong color). Most paint dealers usually have a few cans
like that around. The downsides are that (a) your color choices are limited,
(b) the colors available aren't always particularly attractive, and (c) there
may not be enough of any one color to do the job. The upside is that you can
sometimes get top quality paint at a discount of 75 or 80 percent.

--
Regards,