Derek Andrews

Errol Caldwell wrote:
Do any of you heat your shops with woodburning stoves? Have you been able to
have these certified for insurance purposes? If so, what are the
requirements?

In Canada, any new woodstove should have a ULC plate on the back. You
may also need to have it installed by a WETT certified technician. It is
not just the stove you need to worry about, but the whole installation,
especially setbacks. Your local dealer or building inspector should be
able to help with all that. I can't recall if those specs are federal or
provinicial.

If you have an old stove, my guess is that getting it certified may be
expensive.

I had a real battle with my insurers when I built my studio, but they
gave in in the end. Good luck!

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com