NSM

"bigtom" wrote in message
im in Melbourne, Australia out in the suburbs. its a small home next
on its own block of land.
the drill/saw noises are only occasional.
its the other appliances in my home that cause the main problems.
I tried the am radio method next to the washing machine/light switches
and the further i move the radio away, the less noise it makes.
It sounds like the noise is being introduced through the wiring.

You need a bigger aerial mate. Either a big vertical whip or a long one
between a tree and the house. But putting filters on the radio power cord
and the appliances will help. Dick Smith or Tandy should have them if you've
got a store within cooee. Otherwise try the local blokes.