B.B.

In article , "bw"
wrote:

"B.B." u wrote in message
news
Hmm, can't wear any goggles under my helmet--I have
safety/prescription glasses on and anything that'll fit over them won't
fit under the helmet.
The one I borrowed and plan to buy actually has a yellow filter over
the #11 lens, so I think that should cover me. (but I'm still open to
suggestions) It was certainly a lot more comfortable than other
helmets. Though I don't suppose it would do much for those times I
flashed myself.

Then get safety glasses with your script. You must prevent grit from getting
into your eyes. The fumes alone will be acidic when mixed with water/tears.
Put a piece of yellow film over the safety glasses, or get a yellow plastic
flip/clip to go on the safety glasses.

By now you've seen the black stuff that gets into your nose, thats also
going into your eyes.

Oh, I think you must have misunderstood me. I'm already wearing
safety glasses--I wouldn't go anywhere near any of this **** without
'em. I'm just wondering if I necessarily need tint on the glasses
themselves, given that my helmet seems to be taking care of all the
light now.
Honestly, I've never heard of doubling up goggles or tinted glasses
with a welding helmet rather than just moving to a darker lens on the
helmet. So I don't necessarily see what benefit I'd gain from putting
shades over my glasses and it seems like it wold be a needless hassle
when positioning and inspecting.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/