Doctor Evil

"Jeff" wrote in message

Well, I've had a quick look at the links you and others have provided, and

search on the post by Christian and his Pandora installation. His is not

dhw loop, though, from his description.

This has all re-kindled my interest in reverting to a thermal store

system,
though, but I still haven't established how the dhw loop works when the

hot
is really just heated mains water. I cannot find any reference to dhw

loops
on the Albion site.

Can you just give me a few clues so that I know what to look up please ?

Unvented Cylinder & Vented Cylinder.

Fit a secondary circulation loop from the draw-off at the top back to the
cylinders tapping on the side of the cylinder, which will be near the top,
which is sometimes the shower tapping. Take all the taps off this loop.
Use a dedicated pump (grundfos make one), or a normal CH bronze pump near
the cylinder return. Install a pipe stat near the pump set to 40C. If
above 40C the pump is switched off. Also have a timer on the pump to
switch off at night. This is the same for an open vented or unvented
cylinder, if there is a tapping on the side of the cylinder

Unvented Cylinder

If no tapping on the side of the cylinder, then you have to use the cylinder
cold feed from the mains, after the pressure reducer, if one is fitted near
the cylinder. As above, but a check valve on the cold feed to the cylinder
(one should be there anyhow) after the check valve the secondary loop tees
in. On the secondary loop pipe before the tee into the cold feed fit
another check valve. The pump must be before the check valve on the loop.
Fit a shock arrestor on the loop near the cylidner (available
http://www.bes.ltd.uk)

Heat Bank/Thermal store

Fit a secondary circulation loop from the hot draw-off back to the mains
cold feed, after the pressure reducer, if one is fitted. As above, but fit
a check valve on the cold feed to the heat bank/thermal store, after the
check valve the secondary loop tees in. On the secondary loop pipe before
the tee into the cold feed fit another check valve. The pump must be before
the check valve on the loop. Fit a pipe stat on the loop near the pump and
set to 40C. Fit a shock arrestor on the loop near the cylinder (available
http://www.bes.ltd.uk), of one not already fitted on the heat bank.

The draw-off/secondary loop "must" be well lagged

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download