George Neuner

Default Sony CDP-C325

Hi all,

I have a Sony CDP-C325 5 CD carousel player with a problem. When
changing discs, sometimes the new disc won't start playing.

The scenario is:
- whatever disc is playing finishes
- the disc stops spinning and lowers into the carousel
- the carousel rotates the new disc into position
- the new disc raises from the carousel
- the track calendar displays the tracks of the new disc
- "Track 1" appears on the main display
- then nothing

The newly raised disc does not start to spin, the play clock does not
display and the unit just hangs until it is manually taken out of
"play" mode. This can be done by stopping/restarting, changing tracks
without stopping or even just by seeking within track 1. As soon as
that hung "play" mode is cancelled, the disc will spin up and play
normally.

The problem is not tied to any nest, it happens about 50% of the time
on any change - occurring both on sequential disc advance and on
manual disc selection which can change to any nest.

The unit has been in the local repair shop twice. The technician
first replaced the laser module (unnecessarily I now believe) which
did not help and now claims he can't find anything wrong. I really
don't want to take it back to him but there aren't any other repair
shops close by.

My unit is 10 years old and I know it isn't worth spit - a replacement
can be had for $100. But right now I'm ****ed off and I want to know
what's wrong with it. Has anyone seen behavior similar to this and,
if so, do you know the cause?

Thanks everyone,
George
--