B Man

Thank you all for the good info.

While I expected them to be expensive, $795 USD is a bit rich for cutter
head for me - with shipping & duty, etc., it would actually be cheaper for
me to replace the planer every time my knives got dull. Hahhahah!

Thanks for the help anyhow - good to know they're available.

Brian

On 2005-02-03, B Man wrote:
Does anyone make a spiral cutter that would fit the Delta DC-380 15"
planer?

I read an artical recently that said how great the cutters were, and that
they are available for virtually any planer now. Is there one out there
for
this bad boy machine, and if so, any idea where to buy it?

Rather expensive ($795) but:

http://www.byrdtool.com/journals.html

At least it's available. I'm looking at replacing the head on my jointer.
It's twenty inches wide and the price will be more than $2000 if they can
do it. I have babbitt bearings on this old monster.

--
This signature left blank.