J. Clarke

Dave Balderstone wrote:

This is top posting. Some people are rather anal about it and treat it
as an Offense Upon Creation. I find bottom posting easier to read, but
really don't care one way or the other if appropriate context AND
snipping is given/done when someone posts in a thread.

FWIW, I usually plonk people who whine about top posting on general
principle, but in this case since the idiot doing it not only top posts but
then goes on about how quoting context is a waste of bandwidth and then
includes the entire text of the post to which he is responding below his
top post I think that reaming him out is in order. And especially when he
claims to have ten years experience on USENET but doesn't know the
definition of "top posting".

In article .com,
damian penney wrote:

I assumed top posting was starting a new thread which I hadn't, what is
top posting?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)