jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

Why is it illegal? Have you ever looked into the hearings or debate
regarding the bill? It would be kind of interesting.

The presumption is that if you are driving in a car in NY
state, [w/helmet on] you are racing. They don't want folks racing on
the public streets. It's really as simple as that.

Five point harnesses are also illegal.

That's a strange one. I used to have one in my racing Alfa Romeo, which I
also drove on the street.

In NJ? My understanding is that in NY it would be grounds to
fail at the annual inspection, even if the DOT three-point belts
were in place.

I do object to laws like that, because the fixed 5-point is
a good deal better than the retractor reel 3-point belt. It
just seems dumb to punish folks because they're thinking
out of the box.

Jim

please reply to: