My understanding is that wearing helmets on bicycles is very rational.
Bike riders have accidents at speeds at which a helmet can and does
make a difference.

But as I understand it, when you are going more than about 20 mph, the
helmet does not help all that much. You are just about as likely to
die with or without the helmet. So I suspect wearing a helmet gives a
motorcycle rider a false sense of protection.

Sorry that I can not remember where I heard this argument.

Dan

Ed Huntress wrote:

Wearing helmets on motorcycles is pretty damned rational. In fact,

not
wearing one clearly is irrational. So, the law goes with rationality.

I'll
live with that.

--
Ed Huntress