Jeff Wisnia

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:

snipped

I'm describing a lot here; I think my primary question is why do I
have to tighten the cold faucet so much to get it to close?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

It sounds like the seat (the part the washer closes on) is not in good
shape and needs to be replaced or resurfaced. I suggest you get new washers
at the same time because the current ones are likely already toast.

Yes, and if the faucet seat is not removeable there's an inexpensive
little hand operated "dressing" tool which will "file" the seat smooth
for you, i.e. do the "resurfacing" Joseph refers to.

There's one shown in use on this faucet repair page:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=pg&p...htNavEnergy%20

HTH,

Jeff

Good