Jeff

Well, I've had a quick look at the links you and others have provided, and a
search on the post by Christian and his Pandora installation. His is not a
dhw loop, though, from his description.

This has all re-kindled my interest in reverting to a thermal store system,
though, but I still haven't established how the dhw loop works when the hot
is really just heated mains water. I cannot find any reference to dhw loops
on the Albion site.

Can you just give me a few clues so that I know what to look up please ?

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
Thanks, I've considered the vented thermal stores but on balance I think

I'm
committed to a standard vented cylinder. I've got loads of long dead
legs
so I'm planning a pumped dhw loop with a return tapping in the cylinder.

don't think you can do this with hot water at mains pressure, can you?

Yes you can have a secodnary circulation loop on a heat bank/thermal
store.
Christian fitted a DHW only Pandora heat bank. He swears by it. Try
Newark who make reasonably priced thermal stores. Dircet from the makers.

So my question really is - is this an awful lot of money to pay for a
regular albeit high performance cylinder, and are there alternatives, ie,
cheaper cylinders? Or is this just the price of a cylinder nowadays?

There are cheaper makers around. Try the list I gave. Get quotes for a
quick recovery cylinder and a direct thermal store.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download