NC

Default Removing storage heaters

Thanks for the info. DO they generally just attach via the 'feet', or are
there often screws etc protruding from the back into the wall ?? ie, is it
likely that I may HAVE to dismantle them in order to get to all the points
where they are attached to the wall ??

"Roger Mills" wrote in
message ...

NC wrote in message
Sorry for a seperate post - but I forgot to include this in the last one
about gloss paint!
The flat I am decorating used storage heaters. Is it OK to remove these

in
order to paint behind them without danger of damaging anything inside ??

I guess it depends on the storage heaters. Some of the early ones were
extremely heavy - being full of brick-like things to store the heat. They
were usually assembled on site, and need to be dis-assembled to move them.

Not sure about more modern ones - they don't seem to be so heavy - maybe
they use more exotic heat storage material. If you can lift them off their
brackets, and gently move them aside without shaking them about too much,
you should be ok.

Roger