Ed Sirett

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 06:02:29 -0800, steve wrote:

Turn off power.

Remove stat.
Either drain system, or plug hole.

This safety thermostat that I am talking about is like a Very large
flat battery (watch type) which has two connectors on it. It clips to a
pipe coming from the main heat exchanger.

If I remove a cable from it, whilst running bolier as normal, it will
invoke the flame failure red light.

After reading the fault trackingpages in my bolier manual, I suspect
that this thermostat could be on it's way out but at the moment it is
only an intermittant fault.

Baxi Genesis 80

This type do not usually require that you drain the boiler down.
If you have some heat conducting grease when you install the new one that
is so much the better (to make good contact with its location).
I doubt very much if a replacement unit will exceed £10.

The red light is a lockout indicator which might be due to overheating or
due to flame failure.

There is also the possibility that the boiler is actually over heating!