Alan Harriman

On 6 Feb 2005 13:13:45 -0800, "Newbie" wrote:

I apologize for not being more clear in my original post. I believe I
have verified everything up to the HOT (Q4401) beginning with the main
power supply.

Because the set went out while the TV was running, I figured it was
worth a shot to replace the fuse once and apply power. Because the
fuse blew immediately, I started by looking at the components beginning
with the PS. Everything appear normal until the HOT...

If the fuse blows instantly, then most likely the short is on the
primary side of the switching power supply, ie the chopper output is
shorted, or one or more of the diodes in the bridge rectifier is
shorted. If the chopper is shorted, then there are probably multiple
other parts that are bad as well.

Alan Harriman