Greg O

"Neil Larson" wrote in message
I have an 8 year old Delta contractor saw that I have conected to my delta
DC. I used a 14" generic TS adapter and boxed it in to fit the delta. I
also put a couple ramps in to assist in the dust movement. The question is
how in the h**l do I block the back of the saw off to contain all the dust.
I made a cover that fit around all the motor mounts and the belt but now I
can't tilt my blade.

Anybody figure out a better way to do it?

Nitromaster

I have a 5 year old Delta contractors saw. I have a shop built hopper on the
bottom where I connect my dust collector, 4" opening. Nothing else is
sealed, covered, what ever, and I am satisfied with the dust collection from
the saw. If the dust gets under the table, the collector gets it. I can
watch dust get sucked through the slot in the blade insert. The only
improvement would be an over arm guard with a dust hood/blade guard, but I
am not ready to go there yet.
I have the Horrible Freight, $159 on sale, dust collector.
I do not believe you will benefit closing up the back of the saw unless you
have a very small, (CFM), dust collector.
Greg