Lawrence L'Hote

"Neil Larson" wrote in message
I have an 8 year old Delta contractor saw that I have conected to my delta
DC. I used a 14" generic TS adapter and boxed it in to fit the delta. I
also put a couple ramps in to assist in the dust movement. The question is
how in the h**l do I block the back of the saw off to contain all the dust.
I made a cover that fit around all the motor mounts and the belt but now I
can't tilt my blade.

Anybody figure out a better way to do it?

FWIW, sometime ago ,I decided to 'improve' the efficiency of the dust
collection from my Unisaw. I plugged some holes with duct tape and others,
like the tilt crank, I covered the slot(s) with some of that thin magnetic
sheeting. It was apparent when I was cutting my next piece of wood the
'new-and-improved' system was NOT working as well as the old. If would
appear that you need a large "wash" of air to clear the dust and I was
allowing only a small area for air to enter my system... Off came the
sheeting and plugs. You might try some of that magnetic sheeting with your
saw. YMMV

Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote