Jeff P.

LOL, oh man, do you know what you've just done??? NOW, I'm going to have to
do one of those dang panarama things. Once the seed is planted there's no
turning back. Thanks a lot. I'll probably do a next/previous button thing
too. Not a bad Idea. I did finally solve the problem of keeping all the
popup windows in the same window and having them retain focus when you load
the next item in it. Only all fricking morning to solve THAT problem.
Geez.

--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

wrote in message
Hey Jeff...

That's a really nice job on the web site. I have cable so everything
loads instantly and I'm using FireFox for a browser (who isn't) so
that probably helps.

I like everything and have one comment... someone else beat me to it,
but I think its valid. Consider a "slide show" approach much like a
powerpoint presentation with buttons going forward and back so
visitors can move ahead and back, but includes a section "home" button
that will take them back to the 1st shot in the section.

Whenever I see a bunch of pix of a shop I always wonder if they've
made any kind of java panarama deal that would allow visitors the
option of just moving their mouse around and thereby panning around
the room. Realtors use it to show homes. It would be slick on your
site.

BTW, your shop is so clean and well-organized it inspired me to vacumn
my shop this morning. Of course, it still looks like crap, but at
least I'm not tracking sawdust around the house BG. That shop is an
inspiration, but yeah... you've got to show at least one shot with the
sawdust and chips flying.

Mike

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 03:47:51 GMT, "Jeff P."
wrote:

www.sawdustcentral.com

I just finished a complete redesign of my website and I'm quite happy

with
it finally. I thank all of you that replied to my survey regarding the
speed of your internet connection. This was a bit of an eye opener as I

had
thought that the majority of you would be on broadband. The fact that
probably about 2/3's of you were still on dial up caused me to trim down

the
size and quality of the graphics on my site but I think it looks even

better
than ever. I spent probably 2 weeks redesigning everything and I thought

was pretty happy. Then I did the survey and saw some other better

looking
sites and I went back to the drawing board. This time I did an even more
extensive redo including new logos, graphics, updated text styles and

most
importantly I got rid of the frames. I was finding that when I did a

Google
search to see if my site was showing up that more often than not I would
navigate into the site and end up in the wrong frame. I know there are
other ways I could solve this problem but let's just say that I like it
better the way it is now. Anyway, thanks again for the input and please,
please send me some feedback on the new site.

Thanks much