Don Foreman

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:01:42 GMT, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

jim rozen wrote:

The only comment I could make about this is, you might consider
making the next one with an amber or yellow LED. Reason being
that the human eye's response peaks around that wavelength.
You get a lot more bang for the buck that way, in terms of
the number of neurons you fire in the subject's brain, vs
the number of watts you burn in the LED.

Jim

Jim. Way iremember it the human eye response peaks at 550 nm
That's pretty Green.

I found a couple of references citing 550 nm as the peak of the
photopic response curve. Spec center wavelengths for Luxeons are 530
nm for "green" and 590 nm for "amber".

Luxeon brightness specs are 36 lumens for amber, 30 lumens for green,
44 lumens for red and 55 lumens for red-orange. I think lumens
(unlike milliwatts) are units of perceived brightness, corrected for
photopic response.