George

"Dukester" wrote in message
. ..
First, let me say this isn't meant to be a whining post, just looking

for
guidance. I'm running into what I can only describe as sheer frustration
lately with getting anything right in the woodshop.

SNIP

It seems like I've spending way more time
just trying to fix and fiddle with stuff or tools that are already

crippled
and attempt to learn repair, sharpening etc. than actually working wood.

Sigh.

Do they have a community college or HS Industrial Arts course down there?
There's someone who teaches it, if there is, and s/he has probably learned a
few things you can use. A drop-by at closing time might do you a world of
help. They're generally delighted to have time with an interested adult,
especially the HS types. Some even make house calls, and they also know
where the best deals on wood are.

Hanging out around the sawmill or hardware store might work, too.