Asimov

"BrotherBart" bravely wrote to "All" (05 Feb 05 23:38:41)
--- on the heady topic of " What parts to salvage/sell from a UPS?"

Br From: "BrotherBart"
Br Xref: aeinews rec.crafts.metalworking:21102

Br alt.marketing.online.ebay:20090 sci.electronics.repair:9571
Put this UPS in the truck of your RWD car or truck and watch
your vehicle cut through those drifts! The UPS has a patented system
to shift the electronic weight over the rear wheels thus increasing

Br traction!
You will be able to head out into weather you never thought possible
without the UPS! Get yours now before you get stuck!

Br When I was a teenager our neighbor put a tombstone that the engraver
Br had screwed up in the trunk of his full size Pontiac in winter for
Br traction.

I recall the headstone carving people had a bit of a problem with Y2K.
Turned out they had a bunch of family stones installed with the dates
precarved 19xx-19 i.e. date of death last 2 digits blank but with the
prospective occupants still walking about upright. It is hard to erase
a mistake when carved out of massive granite!

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... First Church of Binary Science (The Digitarians)