Susan \(CobbersMom\)

"DS" wrote in message We heat with propane., The tank is almost buried
in the snow. The guy
filling it said if I kept it clear of snow, I probably would burn less
gas.
I haven't bothered. It's a big job.
Is he right?
If so, what is the reason?

I think your delivery guy is trying to find a polite way of saying 'keep the
tank cleared'. Those hoses that they lug to keep you snuggly and warm are
quite heavy. If they have to *try* to walk thru snow that you haven't
shoveled or fill a tank that is buried in snow, a lot of times they end up
wasting time or hurt. My friend puts up with this type of crap all the time
and ends up at the chiropractor.
Do him a favor and clean it up!
Sue
Minocqua, WI

"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't
matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss