fred

In article , Jeff
writes
I've just been quoted £575 including vat for an Albion Superduty CF210
cylinder. What are the alternatives to provide similar fast recovery and
capacity (210 litres)?

I was there about 2 years ago and in the end got a Range Supercal 206litre
via discounted heating for 350quid. They don't list Range cylinders on their
site but I had used them for a big order and called them to see if they
could source one anyway. They said no problem, got me a quote &
delivered in about 4wks.

I talked with Range's technical department extensively before I placed the
order and they were v helpful. If you are looking for a custom, I would
suggest contacting them first, exchanging drawings, getting a custom
design ref, then getting the quote through discounted. A google will get you
Range's site & numbers.

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/

BTW, discounted act as agents for Plumbcenter so if you can find it on
that site/catalogue you should be able to get it from them. I think I did
check the price for an Albion but it was through the roof.

ps: recovery is no problem, the cyl can soak up the full 25kw from my
boiler with no problems.

pps: I assume you will be super insulating the circulation loop?, then I
reckon you only need to circulate at a rate which will compensate for the (v
small) losses in your pipework. If they were suitable for the job I reckon a
windscreen washer pump would have enough capacity to circulate a well
designed loop.
phew
--
fred