T i m

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:22:27 -0000, "Jeff" wrote:

The ip4000 is 4 dye + a pigment black, the 3000 is 3 dye + pigment black

Hmmm - printer location, rhs is 6" from middle of bypass radiator (not ideal
i know)

Because heat dries them out faster (guessing?)

s550i = 4 pigment, if left for 2 weeks probably required 1 cleaning cycle

Live-with-able .. ;-)

s560 = 3 dye + 1 pigment, mates printer but he runs it on all pigment based
'cos he went from 550i to 560i and didn't RTFM and its fine

Result ;-)

my ip3000 = 3 dye + 1 pigment and is pretty much as my old 550i

I shall probably run my 3000 on all pigment when the original carts run out

Because they are cheaper Jeff?

check the price of replacement printheads before you count it as a benefit,
my 550 only needs a new printhead but at £70 ish it made more sense to get a
new printer

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to take the head out
to clean it easier more than replacement as such? (Not an issue on the
HP and quite awkward on the Epsons I have touched so far).

All the best ...

T i m