T i m

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:25:18 -0000, "Jeff" wrote:

I used to run an HP850c and what you say is correct, superb printing and
basically a new printer every time you change the carts but at £50 a time
for carts it had to go to the attic ( too tight to throw anything away )

Snap ;-)

next
Canon S6000 - general printing, still ok
next
Canon i550 - general printing, faster - lasted 26 months
next
epson 900 - disk printing - current
next
canon ip3000 - current

Thanks for that ;-)

the canons do suffer with the problem of clogged heads if stood for a long
time as do the epsons, the i550 died 3 months ago, needed a new printhead
which at £75 was an uneconomic repair so it was replaced with the ip3000, i
wish i had got the ip4000 for the extra cartridge ( better for photo
printing)

Ok, well I have touched the 4000 in makro so I have a feel of it and
like what I say (and felt) ;-)

But at £2 a cart, a bit of head cleaning now and again is only a minor chore
(£5 a set for the epson)

Indeed ;-)

imho - the ip4000 fullfills all of your criteria and gives you duplex and
disk printing into the bargain

Hmmm .. www.dabs.c ... no .. I mustn't! ;-)

Hope this helps

Well sort of .. I have just found an old black cart for the 850c and
given it a bump start with a damp rag and I now have a black printer
at least! (Yay! g).

Maybe I'll get a cheaper colour cart .. or .. www.da .. no .. ;-)

Cheers Jeff ..

T i m