T i m

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:55:15 +0000, Lurch
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:21:18 GMT, T i m strung
together this:

So, could you give me real feedback re what model printers you use
(ideally the current models if I'm going to get one), how long you
have left them between use and still getting a good printout and
possibly what models to specifically avoid (unreliable / several trips
to the shop with it etc).

I decided not to try and cram all the features into one printer so I
use a HP Laserjet 4+ with a Jetdirect card for general quick printing
off letters, invoices and other text or draft stuff.

I have picked up cheap / been given some old LJ's but they all need
some attention. I did have one on an Intel Netport (then a Jetdirect
card) so we could all use it but because it was used so infrequently
it was a paid going up into the spare room to turn it on, letting it
warm up and then seeing how many sheets it printed before it jammed
etc ;-(

My other printer is on another machine, but network shared, and it is
a Epson C44 Plus. It takes too long to print, and spends ages wearing
itself out before it even prints anything

LOL (they do don't they.) Mind you, I printed a couple of RC Laser
race schedules (XL spreadsheets put into PDF's) today on my daughters
C44 (I was working on her machine) and they came out ok (I shouldn't
sound surprised should I but I don't trust Epsons yet ..)

Lastly, does anyone regularly re-fill their carts and what 'brand'
refill kits do you use please (I have refilled a couple of times with
mixed results).

I've only ever used genuine manufacturers cartridges, but for the
Epson as it was free I got 2 sets of black and colour cartridges from
http://www.inkcycle.co.uk for about £25. They seem to be on a par
with the originally supplied Epson cartridges from what I've seen of
them.

Thanks for that ... I'll add that to my 'Inks' bookmarks in Firefox
;-)

T i m