John

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am having a problem with my combi boiler intermittently shutting down
and showing a red light (flame failure)

It seems to happen when there is a demand for hot water, but I am not
100% sure about this, but not far off.

I think the safety thermostat may be faulty. If I was to remove the
safety thermostat temporarily and connect the two cables together to
see if that removes the dreaded red light syndrome, would the boiler
work ok whilst like this?

It would only be an experiment for a few days to see if it removes the
red light problem.

Is it safe to do this?

NO

If you do this and the problem is not the safety thermostat then whenever
the problem recurs the system is not protected. An explosion takes
milliseconds.