James Sweet

"BOB URZ" wrote in message

James Sweet wrote:

"Bob Urz" wrote in message

Jack Zeal wrote:

Gary J. Tait wrote:

On 4 Feb 2005 08:17:29 -0800, wrote:

We have 50 of these 42" Hitachi Plasma Displays with the same type

of
screen burn.

If you have any ideas on how to successfully remove/minimize/fix

this
problem, please let us know.

Burn the rest of the screen with an image inverse to the burn, so

all
pels have equal burn.

If we receive a successfull suggestion, we will give you one of

these
42" plasma screens.

Thanks for your help,

Sell 'em as-is at a relatively low price (USD 1000 or even 800)--

it's
better than throwing them out, and I've seen new 42" plasmas for

below
2000.

Do you think people will pay a $1000 Dollars for a Damaged screen with
TV's as cheap as they are? A hundred or two maybe. You can by a
reasonable big screen for new for $1200 to $1500.

Anywhere from $100-$500 is probably about right, depends on the amount

of
burn, but even a moderately burned screen may still be fine for playing
video games.

The problem is highly saturated images like video games are about the

worst
thing for a plasma screen. I suppose you can cover one burn with
another........

Bob

If the brightness and contrast are set to something reasonable and the same
game isn't played for hours on end every day it shouldn't be a problem,
besides if they're already burned in a bit more burn isn't the end of the
world.