bw

"B.B." u wrote in message
news
Today I realized that my eyes are a wee bit on the sensitive side.
And not just because I flashed myself twice. (:
A little back story: I had a rather severe eye infection at the
beginning of the semester, so I was partially blinded. Anyway, it's one
of those things you just have to wait out, and around tuesday or
wednesday I got rid of that last bit of cloudyness. Turns out that fuzz
was shielding my eyes a bit.
The result, I have to use a #11 filter instead of a #10 now.

You need to wear eye protection UNDER the mask. Cheap disposable plastic
ones at least.
Or get a set of oxy/fuel type goggles, with the yellow lens, the kind that
look like snorkeling goggles.

The more you weld the more you will understand the toll it takes on you.