Robert Swinney

I like the meterorite idea. But in the words of James Black who smelted a
bit of meterorite in Jim Bowies knife, "For better or for worse, she
contains a bit of Heaven, or perhaps a bit of Hell.

Bob Swinney
"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
news

Hey Proud Dad,

Wow! I have NO IDEA, but what a wonderful thought.

If what you want isn't possible, then maybe just the handle or the
"guard thingy" could be worked into the handle on a standard blade.
Wow!! What a great idea for a graduation presentation!!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

ps...congratulations to your son too.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

I haveOn Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:42:08 -0800,
ay wrote:

My son will be graduating from Annapolis in June 2006.

I want to make him a sword. I have 4 ounces of nickle-iron meteorite
that I've collected over the years, and a couple of pounds of iron
from the WTC that I kept (I worked on the removal for 4 months)

Would it be possible to analyze the exact metal that I have, melt it
down and alloy it into a good steel for making a sword? I know I'll
have to find a good knife maker to make it.