Owain

"Mary Fisher" wrote
| "Cuprager" wrote
| ... she estimated in all seriousness that her clothes etc were
| valued to the sum of about 5k !!!
| I doubt that mine would be £100.
| No-one would give me that for them!

It's not what people would give you that matters, it's what it would cost to
replace them, from new, in a hurry. The chances of BHF[1] having a
collection of Daks, Austin Reed and Hardy Amies suits in my size when I need
them urgently is small.

| That's one reason why we don't have house insurance any more.

That's okay if you can either afford to replace anything lost
(self-insurance) or do without. Many people would need reasonably good new
clothes quickly to go to work.

Owain

[1] I do mean British Heart Foundation, not British Home Stores.