Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
T i m wrote:
The only thing that worries me with that idea is that the
manufacturers often 'fix what's not broken'? (or maybe it wasn't
breaking often enough ..?). In one shop it was mentioned 'on the older
Canon printers you could take the heads out to clean them but I don't
think you can on some / all of the new ones". I mean yor
'replacement' Canon my not be the same 'design' as the one it replaces
and has it's own (new) issues?

I managed to remove the head from an Epson ok to clean it - it was well
and truly blocked after months of disuse. Used various solvents - alcohol,
ammonia and distilled water, and eventually got it clear. I used one of
the ink refill squeezy bottles with some tube to force water through.
Eventually got it clear, but broke it when removing the tube - even
although I'd done this many times. ;-)

Sad, as I liked that old Stylus Color 600 rather more than the Cannon
replacement.

--
*Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.