Bob Urz

Jack Zeal wrote:

Gary J. Tait wrote:

On 4 Feb 2005 08:17:29 -0800, wrote:

We have 50 of these 42" Hitachi Plasma Displays with the same type of
screen burn.

If you have any ideas on how to successfully remove/minimize/fix this
problem, please let us know.

Burn the rest of the screen with an image inverse to the burn, so all
pels have equal burn.

If we receive a successfull suggestion, we will give you one of these
42" plasma screens.

Thanks for your help,

Sell 'em as-is at a relatively low price (USD 1000 or even 800)-- it's
better than throwing them out, and I've seen new 42" plasmas for below
2000.

Do you think people will pay a $1000 Dollars for a Damaged screen with
TV's as cheap as they are? A hundred or two maybe. You can by a
reasonable big screen for new for $1200 to $1500.

Bob

Perhaps a little tweak to the image control will make the burn less
prominent. I'd think dialing down the brightness might help