snowdog

Sounds a lot like Maine north of Bangor on I-95, better get gas in Bangor,
or you ain't gonna make it to the border. Great scenery though: )

John C.

"patrick conroy" wrote in message

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message

In article .com,
wrote:
that reminds me of the first time i headed east on I10 out of El Paso.
there was a sign saying "Dallas 620 miles" it occurred to me that if
you were heading into the wilderness east of El Paso, and you had to be

Lived in the DFW area for almost 15 years after coming from Wisconsin.
Never
forget hitting the scan button on the radio in Gawd Awful West Texas and
just watching the numbers spin and spin. Never locked on.

*ONLY* in Texas, will you see highway signs commanding:

MODESTY Next 8 Exits

Forgot the 'xact wording, but drove through rural Montana not too long
ago.
They've got signs under the exit along the lines of "No Services" which I
take to mean "If you're bleeding, hungry or out'a gas, don't bother with
this exit. There ain't no-one here."