John

Considering the cost of the beadboard, it is just plain stupid to go
cheap on the project over buying a new blade for the circular saw to
get a good cut edge

Screw up a couple cuts and have to buy new panels of beadboard and
you will spend close to what buying the right blade would cost in the
first place

John

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 03:57:32 GMT, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

"Dan White" wrote in message
Hi. I have to cut 9 4x9 panels of beadboard to be used as wainscoating.
have a circular saw, sabre saw, sawsall, and Dremel. I'm wondering what
you
think would be the best combination of speed and fineness of cut. I want
clean cut but only have a ripsaw on my circular. I don't think I'll be
using the sawsall for this one, either! Anyway the beadboard will be
stained and glazed before cutting so I want a clean cut. How about using
formica blade on the sabre saw? I don't really want to spend $20 on a
fine
toothed circular saw blade but if this is the right way to do it then so
be
it. Any suggestions? Also, are there any tricks, like tape the cut line
first, or cut face down or something?

Oh, of course I will be covering much of the cut lines with moulding, but
not all of it.