Charlie Self

Bob Griffiths responds:

Charlie...I just went out and checked my wives computer and the
Ao-Hell she is running is 9.0 optimized.... BUT once she signs on she
minimizes Ao-hell and fires up Foirefox to browse the net...or fire up
Agent to read newsgroups... as much as I have tried to get her to use
a "real e-mail" program she just keeps aol for that...

She did say she had a "little" bit of trouple configuring Agent..could
not be much since She is more at home in front of a sewing maching
then a computer..

Same AOL I'm running. I'd be in fat city, if...I knew where the hell AOL keeps
its FTP and NNTP stuff so I could lay the numbers into Agent.

I haven't got a clue as to what is eating Mozzila's favorite son. It perks up,
goes right along, and then cannot access AOL, even though it has my correct
screen name and password.

Earthlink was even worse when I tried that. As has happened before, it left me
with a wild desire to get it the hell OFF my computer, which I did. Now, I have
to call and keep them from billing me.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with AOL's email program, but, then, I've got
almost no experience with others. It is simple to use, lets you do pretty much
what you want, and, so far, has given me few problems. Too, it takes seconds to
set up, something that can almost never be said of others I've tried to get
running.

Charlie Self
"I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush